PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Farcebook - any truth in the rumours about privacy
Old 29th Jan 2019, 16:53
cargosales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Farcebook - any truth in the rumours about privacy

Hi all,

Forgive my ignorance as a bit of a techno-numpty but is there any truth in the posts that are flying round about today / tomorrow (29 / 30 Jan 2019) being the date after which FB can use your data, pics, deleted posts etc, WITHOUT your permission or knowledge?

E.G. this just popped up on a friends timeline, and the apparant need to do something about it, as below

..... " I do not give Facebook or any entities associated with Facebook permission to use my pictures, information, messages or posts, both past and future. With this statement, I give notice to Facebook it is strictly forbidden to disclose, copy, distribute, or take any other action against me based on this profile and/or its contents. The content of this profile is private and confidential information. The violation of privacy can be punished by law (UCC 1-308- 1 1 308-103 and the Rome Statute). " .....

Is there any truth in this please?

Or indeed in this:

" I have a whole new news feed. I’m seeing posts from people I haven’t seen in years.
Here’s how to bypass the system FB now has in place that limits posts on your news feed.
Their new algorithm chooses the same few people - about 25 - who will read your posts. Therefore,
Hold your finger down anywhere in this post and "copy" will pop up. Click "copy". Then go your page, start a new post and put your finger anywhere in the blank field. "Paste" will pop up and click paste.
This will bypass the system. "

Apologies if this is Janet and John stuff for those who understand IT and social media better than I, and I hope you don't mind me asking such a basic question on here.

Thanks in advance for any replies and suggestions

CS