PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2019, 13:38
AOCMALL0W

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Refuellerman
It wasnt GB and NI that had to beg to be bailed out some years ago sunshine, our government in westminister had to help bail the mighty celtic tiger out don't you remember, emirates had originally wanted BFS to happen before DUB, only that the state run airport came up with the begging money to buy them over, money that came from the begging pot i suppose🙄
Actually, the UK received a bailout in 1976 from the IMF. So maybe brush up on your own history before using that kind of crap in support your bitterness towards the Republic and its success and might I add, the money received from the UK was used to bailout Ulster Bank and the Bank of Scotland so I fail to see your point. Besides, for DUB and BFS to actually be considered competitors, DUB would have to lose 20-something million passengers, a few dozen airlines, various links to the USA, Canada, China and the Middle East. Also, have your seen the facilities at BFS , I am embarrassed that we share a tourism agency and welcome people to Ireland there. I'm sorry "mate" but DUB (and Ireland in general) is leagues ahead of that tin-shack outside Belfast and the non-entity of NI.