PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 29th Jan 2019, 07:13
Road_Hog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MPN11
I do wonder on what basis the Cardiff City Manager can assess DI as a fabulous pilot.

What utter dribble some people speak.
He was just espousing a personal opinion, something we are all entitled to do, as do many on here. I don't think he attached any technical or professional to his opinion.

Originally Posted by runway30

A Premiership football club isn’t a corner shop. They have a duty of care to their employees. If they drove him from the airport to the training ground in a company car they should have checked the licence of the driver and given him a set of rules related to the use of the car. So how is aviation any different, how can you just absolve yourself of any responsibility? I know the club position is that they aren’t responsible because the player made his own arrangements. However all the parties involved had contractural relationships with each other. I have also read the argument that passengers don’t have enough knowledge to know when they are at risk. Well these are multi million pound organisations, so if you don’t have enough knowledge to know what a licensed air carrier is or don’t want to buy in that expertise, then send your employees by scheduled flight.

I think you need to read up on the facts before spouting off.

This was a personal trip, to go back and say farewell to his ex-team mates. Cardiff did offer to arrange a commercial flight for him, but he declined the offer, because he did not want to go via Paris. Had this just been a case of bringing his luggage to Cardiff, then CCFC would have arranged the freight for him, but he decided to take McKay up on his offer of a direct flight.