PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very low payload threat?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jan 2019, 06:54
172_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your inputs.

I would be interested in your comments on how the variation in response on a 737-600 between when it is heavy shortly after a MTOW departure and when it is lighter during approach at the end of that flight compares with the range of characteristics you find on a 737-800 over its weight range. Along the same lines, how do you find the difference in response between a 737-600 and a 737-800 if both depart at their respective MTOWs?
During the summer charter season we do come close to MTOW in the -600. The variation in response between a heavy- and light -600 is somewhat what you predicted. The lighter, the more responsive. I particularly think the light -600 stands out as being very responsive, both in pitch and roll. The -800 is also faster in response the lighter it is - "you get more back for what you put in". All I say is based on my intuition of course, without bias for say CG-patterns on different flights.

Overall the handling differences aren't huge, but I particularly enjoy the -600 because of its flexibility. You can come in fast and it slows like you dropped an anchor. The approach speeds are slow so you can fly it tight and with ease predict where you'll end up. You can stop it on the runway before everyone else. But that is digressing from flight control responses and even further from the original thread title