PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 28th Jan 2019, 19:07
Eutychus

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Trislander01 and/or jsypilot , would either of you care to comment on the kind of flights to and around the CI I've mentioned upthread?

I'm still wondering which regulatory/certification boxes my VFR-day flights as a passenger fit into (or don't). One, joining a UK-Guernsey flight at a specifically arranged stopover in France on an N-registered SEP, no common purpose, some sort of payment arranged by third party; the other, a Guernsey-France flight that was unmistakably a 'taxi' run, G-registered SEP, paid for in the same manner as the other flight by the same third party (my client). Is one of these 'greyer' than the other, and if so, why?

Can you confirm/deny that either or both of these flights with passengers paying something would be common practice in the CI and what the thinking there, if any, is about safety/risk/compliance issues? Is it an example of hoping that longstanding custom establishes a legal precedent?