PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airways Aviation Academy
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2019, 12:03
MakingMovesUp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a Libyan Student currently studying at Airways Aviation Spain you can ask me anything and I will answer honestly about my time so far.

The truth is the Libyan government are sponsoring many students to study in Spain with Airways and only pay as we move through the training. So a lack of flying, or a mess up in ground school, means we don't get our living allowance and Airways don't get paid. This has left us feeling resented as a group by Airways, even though it is not our fault. They want to move us through ASAP so they can get new European students which are better PR.

It is also true that some other cadets spent 18 months on their PPL studies because Airways don't know what they doing. This left many of my friends without enough money to live on and without the student welfare staff they would have gone hungry.

We never get to fly because they just dont have the staff to train this many students and it is eating away our time and money to wait for them to sort themselves out. It is a joke of a company, and if my situation was different I would never chose to train here or recommend anyone else does.