PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Part Time/Casual Work - Experienced Turboprop Pilot
Old 27th Jan 2019, 21:39
Bell Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Part Time/Casual Work - Experienced Turboprop Pilot

I’ve been looking for some casual/part time flying recently, basically flying anything from a piston twin through to a jet on a part time/casual basis. Surprisingly no one seems to be very interested particularly given that I live in a location where most operators on the airfield can’t get enough pilots to fly their aircraft, one local operator has apparently pushed a whole fleet of turboprops to the fence as they can’t crew them.

General feedback that I have received is that it’s to difficult to integrate a casual pilot into their CAR 217, which I actually find strange particularly in the current climate where the airlines are sucking GA and the regional airlines dry. Been told that if I wanted a full time job, no problems we will interview you and go through the usual process, but casual forget it.

I’m not in a position where I can take a full time flying job at the moment. Anyone got any suggestions?