PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 27th Jan 2019, 16:18
TRUTHSEEKER1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Romaro
Channel Jets got their Guernsey AOC last summer (the sixth AOC issued by the Guernsey authorities) so they can legitimately charter out a 2-REG registered Eclipse 500. However, it is doubtful that they could charter out a borrowed/substitute N-registered Eclipse off the back of their Guernsey AOC. If it transpires that they can just substitute any old FAA or EASA-registered aircraft onto the AOC, then that is very enlightening. In a post-Brexit world, I can see every UK AOC-holder in the country swapping over to the Guernsey register so they have this extraordinary flexibility - assuming they get over the Part-TCO approval issues allowing them to be able to fly in any UK/EU jurisdiction thereafter.
However, unless someone can confirm the Guernsey rules on this, I seriously doubt that N-Reg Eclipse coud have been legitimately chartered to Sala (or his agent), even if the 'Operator' for that trip has a valid AOC, which it appears they do. Are Mark Farmer and Jason Bannister (supposed owners of N531EA) therefore leasing their Eclipse to Channel Jets, or was this a one-off rental?
With
Having Channel Jets name & logo emblazoned on the fuselage of N531EA & N843TE I would guess that they aren't being used as One Off Charters in the true sense of the word, however each different client is a ' one off ' in legal terms.