PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Future Carrier (Including Costs)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2019, 10:52
PeterGee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onceapilot
Well PeterGee "someone who has spent time at sea". Care to say if RN? Strange, quite a few pro-carrier posters here seem to be somewhat coy. Oh yes, please do not feel free to define if I will or won't change my opinions! Likewise, spouting "If you don’t get the need to be flexible and the importance of air power at sea, I guess you will never see the value of the trade off." is an insult to me so, desist!

OAP
Of course course RN and very proud. Not sure why that would be condidered anything to hide.

I find your response fairly odd. I am not sure I am up for some kind of internet spat! If someone does not see the value of banannas and therefore does not buy banannas, I really not sure observing that should be considered an insult.

Seems simple to me. You do not seem to see the value of air power at sea, so woud prefer the UK to spend its limited defence £s on land based air power. I happen to feel that flexible air power that can be used from land or sea as the nation needs, is a much better use of our limited budget. The range and payload tradeoff to allow the aircraft to operate at sea is a good tradeoff. So we have different opinions, so what!