PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HTBJ and and Capt X,Y,Z still up to date?
Old 22nd Oct 2003, 08:10
CX-2-B

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the record, i agree with FlyingKiwi. XYZ makes you do the work that will assist you when they ask tech questions that go beyond the basic answer, if you just memorize the answers you will get roasted IMHO. All they have to do is ask "WHY" and you are done, by by CX job.

For myself, 6 weeks of no life finding all the answers and answers to possible questions that would branch off to every question in the book. I read HBJ cover to cover 3 times and then did individual chapters probably 10+ times each at different times. I had 4 months warning for the 2nd interview which was delayed further by SARS and basically just kept reading and learning for the 6 months with heavy time spent in the last 4 weeks before HKG trip. Cathay City and HKG was AWESOME and you dont really know how incredible this company is until you see CX City. In the end I was successful and am waiting for a Direct FO Freighter position for sometime in the new year. Very excited to say the least.

Bottom line and i stress this is just my opionion. If you find a fast and easy way to get ready for the interview, run the other direction fast! 3 or 18 who were at 2nds with me were accepted.

For what its worth.....

CX-2-B