PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 27th Jan 2019, 05:12
Bend alot

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Traffic_Is_Er_Was
What New Zealand has is the topography and tourist appeal to support these services, all contained in an area the size of Victoria. It's not really comparable.
GA the world over is static or in decline.
Thirty years ago, my mates and I drove around Australia. We stopped and did some joy flights at places such as Wilpena Pound, The Witsundays, Kakadu, Kununurra, Rottnest Island and a few others. There were only one or two operators to chose from at each of those places, not 5 or 10 (if GA was in it's heyday and declining ever since). I imagine there's still only 1 or 2 to choose from now.

Imagine if "RPT" rules did not apply to below 5700 kg or pressurised aircraft.

Selling seats around those areas would be a big increase in GA possibilities. Combined with ground tour options some great tourist packages could be set up.

Arrive Darwin with partner and kid jump on a C208/B200 out to Kakadu, do a trip or two and spend a night or two, then out to a Arnhem Land fishing or hunting spot for a day or a night. Maybe head out to Gove or Groote for a fishing or sailing day, then head off to Batchelor for a Litchfield ground tour, Off to Kunnanara for a cruise then on to Broome. Then a Broome Darwin or a reverse leg.

While that is a long trip even parts of it, on selling seats in the past has proven desired compared to a charter.