PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 27th Jan 2019, 03:48
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
So the only reason I am still here is because of good luck and being holier than thou. OK.
Clare Prop,
That is not quite what I said, is it ??

As for the "holier than thou" --- that didn't apply to anything but the person I described --- You may or may not be, I don't know, because I don't know you, but you do have little appreciation of the disastrous effects of CASA on many quite reasonably well run businesses --- because it hasn't happened to you. Beware hubris.

I have no doubt your success to date must indicate a smart business person, but that will avail you naught if some CASA aggro. bastard decides to take you apart.

Look up the history of Polar Air, for a prime example of what a determined "aggressive audit" can do, it is all on public record. There are so many like it.

And remember, that financial disaster started because the proprietor refused the demands of the FOI to operate a light twin outside it's certified flight envelope and outside of AFM conditions --- and, of course, CASA backed the FOI,despite his demands being contrary to aviation law, despite the long record of fatal crashes (they are not accidents) in twin training, cause by exactly what the FOI was demanding.

Tootle pip!!