PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 26th Jan 2019, 23:31
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Clare Prop
I know of NO small operator, and I personally know many, who would agree with you
Well, one right here for a start.
But I don't know you!!.

However, you (or more properly, your attitude) reminds me of somebody I do know well, who was always of the view, every time a competitor ( or anybody, really) wound up in trouble with CASA --- Serves them right/where there's smoke, there's fire/ favourite appropriate pejorative standard phrase, ---- this went on for years, all holier than thou.

CASA could do no wrong.

Then, guess what, their tame Airworthiness Surveyor retired, and a new one turned up ---- who turned out to be a pedant of the worst kind, with a very imperfect knowledge of the actual regulation, but the ignorance was well supported by "attitude". A list of several hundred NCNs ( as they then were) covering just about every facet of what happens in a hangar --- most nonsense, but given the power of the "delegate" --- of "legal substance".

After costs, losses and dislocation costing close to seven numbers, this small outer urban CAR 30 org. did survive, but only because the proprietor was independently wealthy.

The examples of CASA buggery that informed the Forsyth Report were not the whinging of a few incompetent operators, and were not confine to GA.

I do not doubt your management skills, but you have had luck so far with CASA, "compliance" has little to do with it, for your sake, I hope your luck holds out.

If (or more likely when) your CASA luck changes, it will be a searing and life changing experience, psychologically you will never be the same again.

Tootle pip!!