PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 26th Jan 2019, 23:03
FlyGooseFly!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well it's been some considerable time since I posted on here - this sad event has prompted me to look in. I'm quite frankly gobsmacked by reading through everything above!

The thing that amazes me most, is the fact that so many seemingly knowledgeable pilots and aviation folk have passed angry comments that the flight shouldn't have been comtemplated and go into detailed arguments concerning the many possible irregularities and contraventions to both law and commonsense.

A few of the truly angry comments come from folk who bemoan how they have been strangled by rules and regulations. Hmm.. For most of my working life, I've been in charge of large building sites and can't help but make some comparisons:- this single engined aircraft obviously flew into and landed at an airfield - who's job was it to check out both it and the driver? You may have all noticed that building sited have very obvious safety signage EVERYWHERE! And admission is strictly monitored - anyone arriving HAS to be checked, why they are there? What they intend doing, are they qualified to do it. All big sites have turnstile entry! All workers have to be signed in and have obligatory induction on safety and site awareness which has be signed up - this has to be in date. Workers MUST be in possession of all their "tickets" for the trade or job they intend to carry out and it is illegal for them to be inside the gate without them. Ultimately, it was MY responsiblity to see that everyone obeyed the rules and worked safe (not to mention the £multimillion expense and profits!) Any infringements would have been laid firmly at my feet! Woe betide any Site Agent who has a worker, visitor or passer by, killed or injured!! The sky literally falls.