PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 26th Jan 2019, 21:37
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Arkroyal
The Telegraph 1632 26 Jan:

‘Willie McKay has said his family had been victimised after he was wrongly named as the owner of the plane. "We’ve gone through hell," he told The Telegraph. "Internet... People talking about my sons and everything.” He added: "We just tried to help the young guy. That’s all we did. Okay?"

McKay’s son, Mark, was the acting agent for Nantes in a move which made 28-year-old Sala a club-record transfer for Cardiff. Jack, signed for the club last year, exchanged a series of text messages with Sala, suggesting a private flight from Cardiff to Nantes, and then back to south Wales two days later.’

Poor Willie!

Some Favour!

Yes poor Willie,
Just tried to help a young guy, a 15.000.000 transfer, probably at least made 10% of that, so £1.500.000 - and you give the guy a Donkey to start with the new job, sorry no sympathy for McKay in this, I hope they get sued for all they have. Sure money will not bring the lives lost, but for some people money is the only thing that can teach them a lesson.

Would be interesting to see the communication between McKay, the operator and the pilot. Somehow I would not be surprised if some of this information is never found, deleted by mistake I would guess.

McKay sentenced the boy to death, by hiring a cowboy operator.
Anyone questioning if this was a commercial flight, need to see what was the premises for this flight. Sala was a commercial commodity, that needed to be transported from France to Cardiff, if it was something else Cardiff FC had ordered from France example a special light set for the stadium, it would have been a commercial flight as it was transporting Cargo. This commodity was a living human being, he was not flying for any other reason than commercial reasons.

Sure we can speculate why this accident happen, that is important, but we lack information to know enough. However the fact is that the flight should NEVER have taken place anyway, at least not with Sala onboard.
Would the pilot D.I have been in Nantes if Sala was not going to Cardiff? If the answer is No, than this just confirms this was a commercial operation, which the pilot was NOT qualified to operate.

The flight plan that was filed, was that an IFR flight plan? The initial one and the final one? Is this information available somewhere?
It's also interesting that the photo of Sala's luggage is omitted in the publicized edited text messages.

No doubt based on the Whats App message, Sala was not a happy man, when he was going onboard the airplane. McKay's job was to protect him against this kind of situations, instead he sent him into his death by doing this "favor" - sorry NO sympathy for McKay in this case.