PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HTBJ and and Capt X,Y,Z still up to date?
Old 22nd Oct 2003, 07:22
flyingkiwi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That book may have the answers but that is not the point and is lazy, you will not get in by finding a book that has just some questions and the answers.

I found the XYZ book good as it made me study the HTBJ book to find the answers in doing so i learnt a lot more. This was more benificial as the questions asked at my interview were all different to those in the books.

HTBJ is an absolute must read it 2-3 times. but only cover to cover the first time. It is more easily digersed when you attack it topic by topic while reasearching an answer. The interviewers do base lots of their tech questions on it, and as mentioned apart from things like EGPWS or TCAS, the book is as relavant today as it was when written. The physics of big jets has not changed!!

There is no easy way to get into CX, it takes a lot of hard study. for those that are prepared to do that good luck. its definately worth it.

for the record i gave up 6 weeks of my life while studying for the first interview. and while on a previously organised holiday to LA I ended up spending hours next to the hotel pool reading HTBJ.