PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 26th Jan 2019, 19:37
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ve3id
Let me try to make it simple:
1) A big piece of metal such as an aeroplane may fall out of the sky and kill you if things go wrong.
2) This has happened before and every time it happens there is a comprehensive analysis to try and prevent its recurrence.
3) When it does happen, rules and procedures are put in place to prevent it happening again. Sometimes nobody could have guessed the cause before it happened.
4) Professional pilots know these rules and procedures. The more complicated the aeroplane, the higher level of skill required.
5) The worse the weather, the higher level of skills and experience required.
6) If a pilot ignores 4 and 5 together, they may not have enough experience to even guess at what could go wrong, let alone prepare to mitigate the risk. 'Best guesses' are of no value whatsover unless you have the experience to be able to make them.
And EUTYCHUS pro pilots are on this thread making it known, at the same time as trying to make a living, and sharing our experience with pilots who want to learn as well as paying huge fees to our regulator to ensure we're doing it right, while the regulator (who is paid to fight on our behalf) and us have our throats cut by a politician's pet plan. And if I seem angry I f***ing well am! 30 years, 17000 hours, regulated until I struggle to breathe sometimes, and a gas fitter with a poor reputation kills someone due to Christ knows what. From what I do know, I would have been protected by legislation and my employer on this trip as well as experience that can't be bought. Ibbotson had no chance, I'm actually sorry for him and his family because I can imagine the pressure he was under, now his failings are exposed here in the court of PPRUNE for all to see. From past experience I can imagine the words threatening him if he didn't get Sala to Cardiff that night, ShyTorque and I both know the situation only too well, but we've been around long enough to tell the client to politely get lost. I've told customers that I'm not paid enough to die for them, they're still customers, and I'm still alive.

Foul little deals like this have gone on for years, and now they've been truly shown up maybe we can start digging the real cowboys out (and they're on an airfield near you every day) and run the bastards out of town.

SND