PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 26th Jan 2019, 19:05
2unlimited

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ShyTorque
Sala possibly thought he was getting a better service by flying in a chartered aircraft than taking a scheduled flight. Therein lies the problem.
Generally you would expect that.
It does seem based on some of his messages, that the aircraft was not exactly of the standard he expected.

Based on the parts of the conversation seen between Sala and McKay, no doubt McKay seems to be fairly flippant about this whole setup. However in my opinion he must bare some responsibility.
You would have expected a 5 star service, instead he got the Donkey service.

I worked in past with agents in the entertainment industry, and generally they do EVERYTHING for you, and you would not expect them to put you in such a high risk situation. In most Agent contracts, high risk situations would be breach of contract terms.

I am suspecting there was a certain pressure on D.I to complete the flight that night, the pressure is that the agent now must make sure Sala is in Cardiff by Tuesday, the question is how much pressure the pilot was made aware of by McKay, or whoever organised the flight.
D.I would be ill equipped / prepared to deal with such "COMMERCIAL PRESSURE" to get a 15 Mill footballer to Cardiff ON TIME.

Sala denied the commercial flight offer from Cardiff, it seems after McKay had promised him an alternative way to travel, from this moment all responsibility lies with McKay, the agent to make sure Sala is on time in Cardiff for his training report on Tuesday.

Truly a tragic story. Sala's last WhatsApp message really shows that this was not was he expected, he trusted McKay's offer of this flight, and and who knows what would have gone trough his mind regarding the consequences if he had refused to take the flight.
The Commercial Pressure was not only on the Pilot in this case, but also the the newly signed footballer.