PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 26th Jan 2019, 17:41
Auxtank

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by what next
My personal consequence of this accident will be to report any such flight I am aware of to the authorities in the future. So far whistleblowing has never been my thing, but I earn my living as a "GA" pilot and I will do everything I can to prevent operations like the one that led to this accident to compromise my professional environment.
And THAT is the takeaway from this very unfortunate event.
Don't rely on regs, CAA, EASA, whatever.
If you see it, report it! to the TWR - if there is one, then to NATS, CAA, etc. We've seen in this thread that certain individuals have taken action when they've been suspicious that someone is exercising privileges of a license to which they are not entitled so to do. Even if you have to call the Police. Keep them on the ground until doubt is dispelled.

Time to clean up this town and preserve GA for those for which it's an abiding passion and for those for whom it's also a legitimate commercial venture with all checks and balances in order.

This is our manor these unscrupulous individuals are rotting up for the future and causing untold upset and pain in the mean time.

Last edited by Auxtank; 26th Jan 2019 at 17:55.