PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 26th Jan 2019, 11:17
cattletruck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Though it may appear Nulli has grabbed Dick by the balls (sorry) I think Nulli's taken his message too literally. Dick has his own style of raising public awareness which often involves a bit of controversy, which in this case is the GA end game. This is a common attention grabbing approach with many of our public figures, nothing more, nothing less. Taking it literally is very disingenuous when in this free country you have every right to completely ignore it and proceed as you were.

Sunny's post is brilliant, so much so that I would like to repeat it.
The vision thing:
Where are the float plane services linking every inlet, lake, river and reservoir to the capital cities? Even Vietnam has something like that.

Where are the turbine helicopter businesses in every town ferrying tourists, hunters and hikers to and from the wilderness?

Where are the grass strips in parks with bush camping facilities​​​​​​?

Where are the airport cafes and restaurants doing a thriving fly in / fly out business?

Where are all the LAMES schools and aircraft hire services at every regional town?

Where are the aircraft friendly towns, communities and estates?

Where are all the regional charter operators running scenic flights as well as delivering tourists to outback destinations?.

Where is the economic growth, investment and jobs such an industry could provide?

Stuck up the anus that is Canberra.
The first thing I thought of after reading it was New Zealand GA which doesn't have these issues.

I too also know of a couple of GA operators who have made a mint, only because when they started 30 years ago they purchased farms out in the sticks to fly home to after work. When GA deteriorated they were saved by the population explosion that made their farms suddenly worth many tens of millions of dollars.

There is an article in today's "The Age" about what qualifies you for automatic and free membership to Qantas's chairman's lounge - politicians and senior public servants are high on the list (https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fede...11-p4zqur.html).

GA? What is that.