PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Luton-9
Thread: Luton-9
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2019, 05:26
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have pointed this out before but for a long time no new airline has started services into or out of Luton. So when and which airline was it? Don’t think there was a single one in 2018 and I am struggling to remember any in 2017. I am thinking that with the airport capped to 18 million by its planning permission the airport is reserving spare capacity for its existing airlines by not offering discounts.. If that is not the case clearly Luton’s finished terminal has not impressed any new carriers except in places the terminal isn’t finished and it seems the builders have gone home.

In the check-in area the airline help desks are still in temporary structures while the space behind them remains empty. The outsize baggage area sits behind temporary hoardings with green netting sitting above it.

Airside in arrivals isn’t finish with hoardings still in place and the same applies to the landslide arrivals waiting area. Add to that the missing ceiling and for those who notice these things the terminal is still not finished.

Also has anyone else noticed the rubbish Saturday train service, which still hasn’t recovered from the May 2018 timetable changes. Only 2 trains an hour now run through London from Parkway, the Sunday service, which is still bad with bunched up trains and then long gaps, actually has more trains. If a train is now cancelled passengers are now having to wait up to an hour for the next one. It used to be the case that I never needed to look at a timetable, as it was never more than a 15 minute wait. If I used a slow train, trains would run what seemed like every few minutes at the weekends but that has now all changed.

With more passengers using the airport, passenger numbers arriving by train is actually dropping.

Last edited by LTNman; 26th Jan 2019 at 05:51.