PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 26th Jan 2019, 03:43
Clare Prop

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts
From what I've seen over many years, GA operators close because of woeful management or lack of key personnel (woeful management) Words like "passion" and "dream" are a problem if they cloud sound business sense, keeping a close eye on overheads and margins and adapting accordingly, or in most cases just not keeping track of things at all or having an exit strategy or deliberately trading insolvent until the liquidator turns up.

I know of NO small operator, and I personally know many, who would agree with you

Well, one right here for a start.

One who has never contacted high profile strangers on the internet for business advice! One who values lifestyle over wealth.

2018 was a record breaking year for my GA company, 2019 looks to be even better, bankruptcy not an option as this business is debt free and owns all capital assets outright. I could walk away tomorrow, I chose not to, no third party will ever make that decision for me and certainly not a PPL holder on the internet. My super is largely in my aircraft so I do wish that people like DS would stop trying to devalue this industry, personnel and assets. You've made your pile and good on you now why not enjoy your retirement, show some respect to the professionals and let us get on with it?