PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 25th Jan 2019, 22:31
Good Business Sense

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Luc Lion
Apologies.
I wasn't aware there were so many low hours pilots advertising their services on Wingly in UK.
Where I am based, this activity is nonexistent.
I looked for flight offers from a small UK aerodrome I am familiar with and found 9 pilots advertising flights.
None with more than 350 flight hours, 2 with less than 100 hours, 1 with 14 hours on type.
Scary.
Anyhow, this is unrelated to the accident.
Hi Luc, the public, certainly in the UK, won't buy anything unless it's on "special" - i.e. unless there is a deal. Just like the aviation experience market Wingly is offering GIFT VOUCHERS. Person A buys for Person B (say at XMAS) who then contacts the pilot - in particular, the person who receives the Gift Voucher knows absolutely nothing about PPLs, cost sharing, weather etc etc - flying clubs etc are getting toasted. Many AOCs are disappearing (fact from CAA).

In our area it's the helicopters which are stealing all the business. R22/R44 PPLs are taking people to posh hotels for lunch etc. It's getting a bit mad. I understand that certain airfields in the UK have banned Wingly and by Wingly we mean "cost sharing" charters.

PS it has everything to do with this accident
Rgds

Last edited by Good Business Sense; 25th Jan 2019 at 22:42.