PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2019, 22:09
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RW20
The recent TCAS FAN explanation on the airport open hours drawn up with EBC when the airport was developed is very prohibited,unless this changes and it must be a big if! then I can't see any LCC operator being interested.
Is there any chance you can stop dragging this thread down to the histerical BOH thread level? It has become a magnate for trolls. You have been posting the same few messages for nearly a year now. The works proposed by the airport are happening, they have ran numerous roadshows with residents, the majority of which were in favour (although that’s irrelevant as the airport within reason can do whatever they want with their own land), and the MD has confirmed the planning is going in this year. In fact he has gone as far to say that SOU will have its longer runway in 2020. Have you noticed the 4 airbus sized stands that are being created at a significant cost? SOU has always been very cautious with any meaningful investment, in fact it has been a running joke on this thread. I think it is safe to say that they have done a deal with a low cost airline, and one that has an airbus fleet. Who could that be I wonder? SOU fits Easy Jet’s business model like a glove. It clearly just took a while for Easy Jet to max out their London airports. Southend is proof that once investment is made, airlines will start queuing up. People need to stop worrying about silly little details like opening hours, even Heathrow has a curfew!