PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 25th Jan 2019, 19:06
dsc810

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Arkroyal
how old is DI? As a PPL of course it’s academic. But if a CPL the difference between 59 and 60 is crucial as he couldn’t operate commercially as a single pilot at 60.

Well we know he was a plumber and gas repairer.
A check of his plumbing business (if I have the right one!) gives the Gas Safe register number as 195505
Check the Gas safe register gives his full initials as David A Ibbotson
Its also gives his full contact and address details which I shall not repeat on here but it matches the address given in the media generally.
I then check the UK's freebmd births marriage,deaths index to get his birth and that comes up in the search range of 1958 to 1960 with only one David A Ibbotson born in the UK and that entry is for the December quarter of 1959 in Cleethorpes meaning he was born in Oct, Nov or Dec of 1959.
The indexes at that time only gave the date to the nearest quarter: - you can't do this thing with common names like John smith as there are too many of them to differentiate the right one each quarter.
So there is most likely your answer....