PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 25th Jan 2019, 18:24
Sir Niall Dementia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wycombe
The aforementioned Rt Hon Mr Shapps is also of course the Chairman of The All-Party Parliamentary Group on General Aviation (APPG-GA)!
And that doesn't make the situation right.

Admittedly this aircraft comes/came under US jurisdiction, as did the license of the pilot, and a whole lot of questions need to be answered about what went on. But, cost sharing was based around friends flying together. Not commercial advertising for trips to the South of France, where the actual costs to the "cost sharer" are roughly the same as the cost of the whole trip, and such flights are advertised on the Wingly website today. And the French very sensibly banned Wingly flights at the outset, although I don't know the legal status of such flights in France now.

I challenge Mr Shapps to come on to PPRUNE and justify what I see as a gross reduction in the safety of the trailing public. If he reads my posts he'll know exactly who I am, I asked for such justification face to face in the past.

SND