PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bendix FCU/GOV fundamental question
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2019, 13:19
wrench1

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by autojohn
The title is "Operation and Service Manual - Model DP-T3 TURBINE ENGINE MAIN FUEL CONTROL".
The booklet you have is for the fuel system on a C28 which is installed in the Bell 206L-1 LongRanger. I have the book on the DP-N1/N2 which is for the C20/C20B installed in your 206B JetRanger. The internal workings are similar but the external system architecture is quite different. I'm working to get the C20 booklet posted but am having some issues they are working on. If you'd like a PDF copy you could PM me an email address. I also have the booklet for a C30 DP-V1 system and the book I mention below.

Now if you really want to get confused you should read about the CECO fuel control system that was offered on C20/C20Bs back in the day. It used metered fuel pressure as the signal medium between the FCU and GOV instead of air pressure as the Bendix does. The Bendix system was a godsend--at least from a maintenance point of view. I still get a tick when I mention CECO... CECO... CECO...

And just to clarify. A true "anticipator" or "bias" airframe N2 system works a bit different than the Bell airframe compensation system and is more responsive in correcting droop.

FYI: I wouldn't sweat the probation period on new posts. I've noted most websites that allow open, anonymous viewing of posts usually have a similar policy when it comes to attachments. Only the sites that require a login to view posts seem to have a lesser restriction.