PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B737 Pilot selection (Updated)
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2019, 10:13
DuctOvht

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Duckanddive
Pathetic.
All you naysayers and doom merchants, I really hope you all fall on your arses one day.
We as Pilots and professionals should be supporting and rallying one another, not wishing failure and making pseudo predictions of what might or should happen.
But i guess this is the world we now live in. It’s all about me.....😡
Pulling on the heart strings is all well and good, but the fact is Norweigian have come along with a business model which, whilst it’s backers keep throwing good money after bad, is unsustainably undercutting many of the airlines the rest of us work for. That leads to managers elsewhere to spy an opportunity to make the ‘we must compete’ noises which in turn leads to a constant fight to maintain what we have, and in many cases worsening terms and conditions for the rest of us.

I’ve been in the position of having ‘that’ letter at least 3 times but I was lucky enough to escape the chop. I know how horrible it is. Whilst I feel sorry for the employees, I won’t shed a tear when Norweigian disappears. Hopefully all the pilots can get jobs with sustainable companies that are actually profitable and give their employees a reasonable level of job security.