PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Instructor's Test!! Help!!
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2003, 04:58
John Pearce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did my initial rating about 4 months ago now.

It didn't feel like a test at all to be honest. Yes you've got to work for it. If you get a choice in your main flying lesson, the main one to be assessed on, don't pick something too basic, it's too open ended and you could get yourself into a situation where you're working hard trying to remember all the little fine points and under test conditions you fill to capacity. Above all, keep flying that aeroplane.

I was on a course where 2 of us trained and tested back to back. My training partner, (who now works part time with me) did Straight and Level Pt1 and I opted for Basic Stalling.

Exercises that you can build up on stage by stage are great. The main point the examiner is looking for throughout the day, and my test day went on for nearly 10 hours, is "Has this guy/gal taught me anything?"

Long briefing. Be clear and concise. Diagrams. Ask questions, keep the b***er interested! Pictures do the work, lines of statements bore examiners. If they're anything like the one I had, they like hand outs at the end too. (personal collections)

Just relax and enjoy it. Good luck!!
JP