PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2019, 08:05
shamrock7seal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does everyone agree that both BOH and SOU are our regional airports for this region? I regularly use both depending upon what i need to do whether its a connection on from CDG/AMS/MAN or BOH for a low cost flight to Europe.

If we do agree, then surely it's better (for example) if Rigby were to buy SOU and sell it to housing development (for what I imagine would be a massive return on investment) and consolidate everything at one large and flexible airport with improved transport links and bus services across the south much in the way BRS current does it. They don't have a train line nor do they appear to need one.

I fear if something is not done in this regard then SOU will plateau and BOH will not become better for all of us in the south. We need an airport to rival that of BRS for both Southampton/south east and Bournemouth/south west.

I am eager to hear other opinions. Apparently many years ago it was suggested that both BOH and SOU be closed and a new airport in Totton be opened. I would think that is worse for the environment.