PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - For those of you that have everything
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2019, 14:58
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Not like they will be used to carry the deceased out of a crime scene . Watch the likes of BBC or ITV news (or fictional crime drama) covering a crime scene or accident in the late 70s/80s see men in black / grey suits (then later white Tyvek) carrying box to black van or hearse Watch likes of TJ Hooker, STarsky and Hutch, or Airwolf or CNN/CBS news...its gents in suits or boiler suits (if its LA County ME or NYPD) wheeling collapsible stretcher with zipped bag into black station wagon with MEDICAL EXAMINER or CORONER and flashing orange light.

One time over in Europe, was watching news channel, on about some mass casualty/pile up on Spanish highway and by god...the real fun (sorry funeral lot) were removing the decased after the Tyvek clad cops/Guardia civile done their work.....and no word of a lie they were running with the cokllapsible stretchers with caskets atop to the hearses like it was transporting trauma victims. Film crews followed the hearses back to hospital morgue and once again it was rushing with the caskets as if they were live patients!!

On a serious note, mate of mine went to the Co-op for a sky painted box for her late hubbie (she and her new bf are both aviation enthusiasts and run air combat gaming world). She showed my photos of the box when we met up for drinks the other year.....and very similar to the link the OP posted..

Cheers