PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 24th Jan 2019, 14:27
rr84c

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eutychus
Apologies for my continued ignorance, but what is the subtelty surrounding N-registered aircraft, as opposed to G-registered aircraft flying in this airspace? Based on my experiences related above, I'd rate the N-registered flight more 'professionally' executed with regard to safety and procedures, but possibly not strictly speaking legitimate in terms of appropriate qualifications/cover?
What makes you think a flight in an N-reg plane is more professionally executed? That is total rubbish. EASA, if anything, is more safe than FAA regs IF everyone is properly licensed and aircraft airworthy. For example, EASA requires an annual proficiency check for IRs with an examiner, FAA self-certified.

The subtlety here on N vs G is that if you have BOTH a UK-issued and US-issued licence, you must have the correct privileges on your US licence when flying an N-reg outside the U.K. Whatever is on your UK licence is irrelevant (despite being in EASA land)