PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please give your honest input
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2019, 06:03
tommyknock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experienced pilot trying to get a job on B744 in china for first time.
Bombinha...
you remembered me when i applied to the Airline belonging to Hainan group.....the highest paid salary at that time,i was already coming from an expat background:"sure, i can make it".
everything went fine since the beginning,atpl,medical all successful at first attempt.The world was mine,

Joined the airline,training went fine, after having heard so many bad stories of pilots failed 2,3 times during their line or sim check."Oh they had bad luck,maybe they were not that proficient...."
So here i am in the jungle ,flying with 200-1000 hrs pilots who have been told by the airline to write quarterly report about the foreign captains.

Who believe to be skilled when they can barely talk through the radio asking 4 times for an altitude confirmation.
Now imagine that an average pilot at 1000 hrs total time has a rough idea about the job(at least me),most of these punks are well below the average by all means and write report about you.
Furthermore the airline often listens to the cvr to monitor the foreign pilots.

If they chinese fellas "forck up"and believe me they do,during my training the instructor had a hard landing...we did not land ,we simply fell out of the sky,they will never get punished.

So to make long story short and as i have already said and wrote read Flying upside down because it has all the truth about your future adventure in China with these crappy airlines.
It is not a matter of if the shat will hit the fan...it is just a matter of when!

If you have financial commitments or you are the kind of person who can swallow everything in name of money then this place could change your life.

At the same time money and drinks can buy some indulgence for a failed sim or a failed medical...i was too naive to believe that.We had cases of sim failed in the afternoon and successful next morning

China is a place where professionally you will worsen but of course money is bloody good so if you last enough maybe you will not need to work anymore.

Do yourself a favor,read what i have written in one of my previous posts ,read the book and make up your mind...

You don't get a fat salary because China is far,you will get it for all the crap which is waiting for you when you will first step into the dragon's land. If it is what you want go ahead and i wish you every success man at least you know the threats.
cheers

Last edited by tommyknock; 23rd Oct 2019 at 05:54.