PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Get out of aviation now – further important information
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 20:38
Fieldmouse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nibbles2310 - Not for much longer

Originally Posted by Nibbles2310
What's the penalty for failing to receive prior permission and just landing there anyway? Play the old safety case back at them if they ask and carry on landing there.

It's the same case with many council airports now listing in ERSA that the grass portion of the runway (that's required to be suitable for ground run of aircraft under the MOS for Part 139) is not to be used for aircraft operations. I landed a taildragger on one such aerodrome in a stiff crosswind and made my case to the ARO who questioned me, told him it was an operational decision in the name of safety and that I'd be using it again for takeoff once I'd had a bite to eat in town and bought some fuel. Never heard any more about it.
You aren't going to like the new Mos 139 Para 6.24 :
If an aerodrome operator prepares a runway strip and makes it available for take-offs and landings, information to that effect and any associated limitations must be provided to the AIS provider for publication in AIP-ERSA.

So very soon, if it isn't declared in ERSA, it isn't available for landing. Keep your insurances up to date for when you ground loop.