PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Clare Baldwin: Navy should help more as they are not doing much actual warfare
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 18:52
Strumble Head

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A4scooter
Neither the RNLI or Coast Guard helicopters should be used when dealing with immigrants.
I know from personal experience that "refugees" can be aggressive, have mental issues or are physically ill and have zero respect for female Police Officers.
It shouldn't be the responsibility of unpaid RNLI crews and civilian helicopter crews to undertake work which should be done by Border Force and the Police.
Unfortunately the UK has no alternative but to use the RNLI, Coast Guard helicopters and Royal Navy vessels because Border Force don't have enough vessels and because they are Civil Servants with the Civil Service menality are a poor substitute for Police Officers or a body similiar to the US Coast Guard.
Ok, I'll bite on this one! Re behaviours that might be experienced with 'refugees' - agreed, but so were some of the people we assisted when I used to be a lifeboat crewman way, way back. Not many, but it happened. Usually in the summer and when drink or other psychotropic substances had been consumed.