PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 15:52
Arkroyal
Just a numbered other

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The more I think about this the more angry I become that cost sharing rules are able to be bent in this way. For the sake of a few quid, and let’s understand that the football ‘Industry ‘ is swimming in the stuff, this likeable young man on the threshold of a sparkling career has been snuffed out.

The pilot too. Poor man was way way out of his comfort zone and probably flying illegal IMC, without the back up or experience to know when or how to say ‘no’.

Some utter idiot thought this crazy scheme was a good idea. Whoever that was needs to suffer whatever sanctions the law can apply. Sadly it is probably zero. And I suspect that whoever it is will still sleep well and shrug it all off.

Someone asked earlier ‘what can be done?’

I say a lot. Get these flag of convenience aircraft on the G register and regulate the private sector properly to protect all parties!

Througjout my flying career I was amazed that most of the unwashed think a ‘private pilot’s licence’ is what we all use, no matter the type of flight. They will never educate themselves or ever be in a position to meaningfully risk assess their decisions in this field.

So so the CAA must do it for them. And quickly.

😡