PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 15:38
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fireflybob
I'm not intending to be political but is the relaxation of cost sharing rules due to change to EU regulations? Maybe if or when we Brexit the UK CAA could change the legislation which I see as too lax. I hate to say this as the last thing I want are more restrictions but surely passengers need more protection?

I say this without prejudice but it could be if the right lawyers get hold of it. I wonder what type of life insurance the passenger (and indeed the pilot) had as the insurance companies regard private flying as a high risk activity which is excluded from cover unless you pay extra premium.
Insurance experts on here have said that private flying would be covered. Surely for the sort of bespoke contract we are talking about here, you can include anything in the cover. I know from my own experience that once you start removing the exclusions, you get hefty premiums added.

There are a number of possible outcomes
1) Cardiff City insured him and paid a premium for private flying
2) Cardiff City were reckless and didn’t insure him
3) Cardiff City were reckless, they did insure him without paying a premium for private flying, then lost control of his travel arrangements
4) Cardiff City have lost £15m and will sue everybody.