PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff City Footballer Feared Missing after aircraft disappeared near Channel Island
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 15:17
lilflyboy262...2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone mentioned earlier that he was on an IFR plan.
What height would they allow him down to around there whilst remaining IFR? I was just there yesterday but can't say I looked at that information other than MSA at EGJB was around 1500' in the North and West.
The ILS into EGJB starts at 2000' and he wasn't far from the IAF. Around 15nm or so from EGJB.
Surely he wasn't planning to cross the Channel at MSA?

I think the discussion with ATC about the decent will shed a lot of light on this. The guys are usually really good and would potentially query the choice as it's odd.

If he was VFR.... My law knowledge regarding single engine ops is a bit patchy, but I believe there is no commercial vfr night ops for single engine piston. However, do these rules apply to N registered aircraft?

It's upsetting to think that I was sitting down to enjoy a nice meal, with a brand new light business jet sitting on the apron, while this was all unfolding for him.
A few thousand more £ and he'd be training with his mates in Cardiff right now. Footballers are regular customers of mine.
We were certainly available at the time.

If the agent organised this for him, he needs to be strung up.
​​​​​​

​​​​

Last edited by lilflyboy262...2; 23rd Jan 2019 at 15:46.