PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying/Instructing in Thailand
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2019, 10:17
YFloyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drewflies View Post
My name is Drew Harrison and I am looking to get sponsorship through a airline or club for this license valiadation process. I heard it is easier this way as you only need to do the 20 question air law exam then doing the whole conversion with four exams and a flight test if you opt to do it on your own. I am thinking about doing it this year, 2019. Would you happen to know if it is still the same process now with just the one air law exam?

Would greatly appreciate it if you could send any relevant information to my email address, [email protected]

Thanks,
Drew Harrison
Drew,

Regarding the CAAT validation test, you should be aware that it has 2 sections (Air Law and HR) of 20 questions and you need to obtain 14 for each in order to pass. Everyone passes the 20 Air Law questions the first time, it is not difficult at all. The 20 Human Factors questions are more tricky due to the wording (not great english). However, as it is multiple choice answers you can normally narrow down the 4 options to 2 and then it is not too difficult. Around 30% of pilots fail the HR side of the test the first time usually with a score of 12 or 13, but you can sit it again the next month.

Also, note that since the CAAT moved to their new HQ at Laksi the test is no longer conduct on computer with instant results. It is a paper test and results are usually issued after 1 week.