PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian cuts
Thread: Norwegian cuts
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2019, 15:55
daz211

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flightrider
We’re on the Norwegian thread. The premise that an airline in reported financial stress goes and sets up shop at stansted as a solution to its ills is just risible.
So your solution is ? Put another rotation on an existing route at Gatwick ? Cut routes from other bases ? Or do nothing and hope it all works out in the end ? Norwegian has been losing money for a while, so to me nothing so far has worked, so instead of looking for ways to save money, Norwegian needs to find a way on making money, POSSIBLY in a small base at Stansted, even just with a daily New York to start, negotiating an amazing deal from MAG would be easy. As for me talking about my airline and Stansted, it was not a comparison to operations as we don’t offer long haul, it was to point out that a company has to positively look for opportunities and gaps in the market , we were told there is no way the Stansted base could survive going up against one of the worlds largest airlines on mirroring routes but guess what we are doing more that fine. So I’m all ears on what plan you suggest ?