PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHAIRMAN CUTTING A DEAL
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2019, 12:59
Dragon69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has the stink of 2004 all over again when a corrupt HKAOA pres sold the 49ers out with messages of doom and gloom to its members if the vote doesn't pass. Only took the formation of another union to keep the fight going to its conclusion. Interesting how he quietly rode off into the sunset onto his new USA basing right after that. Make no mistake, the AoA is just a medium to facilitate the imposition of change by the company. Name ONE improvement in the last 20 years that has come as a result of the AoA? Like someone suggested on one of these threads, and what I had been saying for a number of years.... everyone should resign from the AoA, it is far more difficult for the company to negotiate with 3000 individuals rather than one organization that represents 3000 individuals.

Quick question NC, why are you all of sudden so vocal? Your message is that members have indicated through AoA surveys that they don't have the appetite to escalate industrial action, therefore the members should accept whatever is on offer by the company. I am not going to debate this point with you, but I am just curious as to why you never spoke out previously. I mean for years and years while we were in CC, not once in any of the forums, not once in any of the focus night that I attended did you ever voice your opinion, instead you were constantly enlightening us with your number wizardry. You've recently used example from 2001 to support your point of view, so this is obviously not a new revelation to you. Why the change?