PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wonderful JU 52 about to be grounded .... by LH‘s saving frenzy?
Old 21st Jan 2019, 11:39
OvertHawk

Received 120 Likes on 55 Posts
Originally Posted by BEA 71
I have travelled on D-AQUI, I have seen it many times, on the ground, touching the skin, watched it flying
overhead our house on its way from Oberschleissheim to the mountain region. Was fascinated by the
sound of either the BMW or Pratt & Whitney engines, depending whether the Lufthansa or the JUAir 52
was flying. Yes, I would miss the sound and the sight, but, please, for the sake of safety, lets accept that
these birds need to be grounded now, and displayed in aircraft museums. It is a nuisance, saying that the
LH CEO´s Bonus will be guaranteed. This man is a pilot himself, to my knowledge loves aircraft as much as
we do, but he has a responsibility. For the money of the company, but also for the safety of the aircraft
owned by LH, or flying on the LH flag. . After the shut down of the Super Star Project, and after the JUAir crash
follow up action was to be expected.
I can understand why a large brand like LH would wish to distance themselves from perceived risk in operating this kind of aircraft, but to say that they cannot operate and carry passengers safely is simply not correct.

With the correct procedures, maintenance, training and support aircraft like the DC3, JU-52, DH Dragon Rapide etc. can (and I hope will) fly passengers safely for decades to come.

OH