PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 21st Oct 2003, 23:05
gaunty

Don Quixote Impersonator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gentlemen,

As far as I can tell the final iteration of the NAS 2b Implentation Training and Education material was signed off by CASA, Airservices and after a looong telephone hook up with the NASIG, so did the AOPA Board only last night.

I understand QF also.

It will be out there real soon to all parties.

Much has been learned by ALL parties about timing and consultation and there is a common determination that there will be a more efficient process using these lessons in going forward from here.

We will certainly be continuing to monitor the progress of the implmentation and it is imcumbent on us all to do likewise.

I have no doubt that there will be some knobs and excrescenses that must be removed to bring it into true form, but I believe that with good will and extra vigilance we can work our way through this.

I am concerned that there has been "personalisation" of the issues by the stakeholders in an attempt to win a point of view.

The regionals this and the bugsmashers that.

We are all flying around in the same airspace, controlled where we need to be by the same ATC professionals who have always been there and where we are not, we should trust that each of us will practise good airmanship.

None of us has the mortgage on the desire for safe operations.

At the end of the day it really doesn't matter who was the hittor or the hittee the nett result is the same.

So why don't we all just get on with it and show each other how mutual cooperation, common sense and professional attitudes can overcome the inevitable wrinkles that will appear and in six months time or earlier if necessary we can have another look.

In the meantime frightening the horses only distracts us from the real challenge.