PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KC-135 Airborne Command Post former Q HABU refueler?
Old 20th Jan 2019, 21:49
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
My background as an Army Chinook Pilot during Vietnam years did not expose me to much to do with Command and Control Operations by the Air Force.....I had little enough to do with Army C&C.

My standard day consisted of being given a Mission Sheet that contained all the data I needed to conduct my flying....Show Time,, Pick Up and Destination locations, Radio Call sign of the supported unit, radio frequencies, numbers of Lifts, general description of what was to be carried, and number of Blade Hours authorized to the unit.

We then loaded up and went to work.

There were a lot of radio callsigns used by Army and Air Force Units....and I am sure the Navy and Marines and ways of identifying their aircraft.

Almost 900 C-135's have been built in a long list of Models.....the Q model became T models when the new engines were installed

Beagle old boy......the Vietnam War is fifty years gone....what does it matter what he is asking.

Please don't suggest asking questions about C&C back then....or what antennas are on an airframe has to do with OPSEC.

If you can photograph the aircraft in clear view of an airfield....then it really doesn't matter what you are looking at.

That alone will not expose the full capabilities of the aircraft no matter what it is.

We know the U-2, WB-57, F-4, F-15, F-15, F-18 all have Recon versions and Electronic Warfare versions.....we know where a lot of these aircraft were and are being used today.....talking about that harms nothing.

Oh the other hand...if you are an insider and are talking out of school about genuine classified capabilities that is quite a different thing.

Best answer I can give is "Google is your friend on this.".