PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Australian pilots can work for US regionals.
Old 20th Jan 2019, 19:31
umop apisdn

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
It's funny because OO did have the process absolutely down pat internally, then they employed a bunch of supposed professionals to take care of it, then they ended up making a fool of themselves. I haven't heard of them messing it up lately but in the beginning it was a total failure.

Originally Posted by LostWanderer
I know at my airline there have been a large number of Aussies suffering training failures and washouts.
That sucks. I don't think I've heard of any Aussies at OO washing out of new hire training. We tend to invest a lot in coming over so also have a fair bit to lose by failing. That is disappointing to hear that Aussies are washing out of C5.

The rumours are exactly that, but I think if we still had the same pay, they'd still be hiring Aussies irrespective of any wrongdoing. There might have been a few bad apples, and in a time where OO is filling classes to the brims with Americans again, its a pretty easy cord to cut. They are going to keep paying the Visa facilitator anyway, because they are going to continue to renew the Aussies that are already on property.