PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How does logbook data count toward requirements for airlines?
Old 20th Jan 2019, 17:27
DesiPilot
The Bumblebee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Minh
Hello,

Before jumping to questions, I would like to introduce my background and what I am confusing regarding logbook entry.

I was an airlines pilot from Vietnam. I got my very first CPL ME/IR in Melbourne, AUS in 2009. I then came back to Vietnam and became airlines pilot until 2017. I have ATR72/B777/87 typed in my Vietnamses license for FO. I got 2 licenses at that time which I used my Vietnamese one to practice my privilieges. I logged most of my airlines experience with my vietnamese license, around 6000h.

In 2017, I quitted my job in Vietnam to move to the U.S. After a year being unemployed, I started to find a way to get my pilot job back here. At that time both of my licenses’s currency expired. However, I can ONLY revalidate my Australian license. I am unable to renew my Vietnamese license due to The Aviation Administration of Vietnam can only revalidate for pilots belonged to the airlines which I am not.

I am taking an atp type rating course at the moment, in order to transfer to FAA ATP.

And this is my serious question. If I use my Australian CPL to transfer to FAA ATP, do I have to consider only flight hours logged under this license to count toward total experience for FAA ATP(1500h) because I cant meet the requirement with this license. Can anyone who has been through this problem explain for me? I appreciate for any help.

Minh,

I used to work for VNA as well and later I moved to Korea, All the hours you flew with VNA will count towards your total time. I hope you left VNA on good terms and one of the Chief Pilots can verify your hours. I had the licensing department within VNA give me a letter verifying total hours I flew with them. I also got a letter of reference from the Chief Pilot of Airbus fleet. If I were you I would get in touch with VNA to get the letters and a valid email address.

Good luck.