PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 19th Jan 2019, 15:37
QR777X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by donpizmeov2
Those number are for FO ... and yes you get upgraded CP probably within 6 months ... but you look happy in the sandpit! Enjoy killing 110h/m roster crossing +5 -8 timezones and getting worse with this QR interpretation of EASA rules, have fun spending tons of your saving just to keep up with the sky-rocketing and "uncontrolled" cost of living and have fun trying to understand the "not-available" culture! Probably because you do not have a better option. I am really sorry for you.
I have been working for many Airlines around the world and (luckily) I have never failed any assessment in Europe, Middle East or Asia. We do have options my friend.

Can you tell me where I can find this better option you are referring to?

The huge problem in aviation is that pilots ALWAYS complain about something. You don't get paid enough if you fly 50 hours and you fly too much if you do 90 hours.

Is working for Ryanair better?
Do you like waiting 15 years for your upgrade in Lufthansa?
Do you like working in China with your huge salary (if you don't get deductions for any silly reasons)?

I Don't know many airlines offering a good salary, paying for the accommodation, contributing to your pension fund, proving a $ 1.000.000 health insurance etc etc etc... Sure you work in exchange for that.

Is this place perfect? No, it's not but I am still waiting to find that perfection!