PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2019, 15:14
Mr Angry from Purley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MikeAlpha
Max FTL days were there in the summer but when you'd had too much you went fatigued and weren't bothered with ridiculous emails in response. After 2016 Balpa got significant alleviations at the planning stage to avoid max FTLs. I was there during the 'near walk out' and it was a horrendous summer. 17 was far better and from what I hear 18 was a similar story. I didn't do single days off, I didn't do 6 day blocks, when enough was enough I made the professional and legally correct decision to report fatigued. I wasn't interrogated about my commute, I wasn't told I had to bid for more days off, I wasn't told I shouldn't do things before work on lates. I wasn't told I was 'simply tired' and that it was 'hard to see what was fatiguing about my roster construction'

You might find that Easy Pilots had those sort of questions when they first started FRMS - what it must be 15 years ago? probably when you were still at school?
I'm sure Easy do look at commuting and BA are quiet correct in asking you - just look at Crew Members Responsibilities if not.
BA have just started down the FRMS it was only a few years ago the normal comment was "there is no fatigue at BA" . So its early doors when you get what seem like daft questions when you come from Easy which has a mature FRMS (and it was only a few years ago they came under a lot of flack from BALPA about FRMS)

Last edited by Mr Angry from Purley; 19th Jan 2019 at 15:16. Reason: quote