PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I do hope the SAS guy in Kenya gets some recognition
Old 19th Jan 2019, 05:54
Krystal n chips
Thought police antagonist

Location: Where I always have been...firmly in the real world
Received 117 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Tankertrashnav
Owning a shop selling militaria for a number of years I used to get "nose tappers" like this on a regular basis. A few well chosen questions would have revealed the truth very quickly, but I just used to let them ramble on, they were harmless, after all.
Alas, not all members of the Regiment are quite so, erm, subtle.

" Some time ago " stood on deck waiting to enter Hull from Rotterdam and the tranquillity is rudely shattered when I am joined by a " somewhat dishevelled " individual who asks if I'm "mob " There are times when it's better not to make conversation as we know, and this was one such .

Having briefly confirmed I am, he duly informs me he is "SAS mate"and further expands that he's been on an "op " in Germany.....interspersed with repeatedly gobbing over the side....he asks why we are stationary and I mention we are in the lock.....thus his next question was...."wots a lock ?"......I thought it wise not to be too expansive with the answer whilst slowly relocating further up the deck....finally, our hero asks my destination and, as I'm heading for Manchester and he, it turns out, Blackpool, could he, erm, follow me out of ' ull. Could be wrong, but, I think the navigational skills of the SAS do enable them the follow large blue signs saying "Manchester M62 "......priceless as they say.