PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Compressor stall in a 206L
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2019, 04:15
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Weads
I have a couple of questions about the emergency procedures for compressor stall in the 206L. The POH says that if you have the indications of a stall or a stall itself, then you are to turn on the engine anti icing and (if installed) the heater. I’m having a hard time understanding this because antiicing takes hot P3 air and uses it in the compressor support housing thus increasing the temp of the incoming air through the turbine. Your cabin heat takes air away from the turbine and redirects it as cabin heat? Both of those seem counter intuitive to helping cool an engine. Any insight would be great thanks guys!
Weads, maybe you could specify what type of 206L you are operating and what engine? The 206L1 with the C28 was well known for poor performance and also for compressor stalls, I operated one that was a nightmare for stalls which always seemed to happen at just the wrong time, until the problem was fixed. Dropping the lever is the immediate action, but in some cases it just can’t be achieved fully without putting the machine and occupants at risk.

I’ve never heard of rolling back the throttle as an action and would be quite reluctant to do so.